Mar 26, 2014

FOOD FARE: Graduation Day

A bento (boxed) lunch after my junior high's graduation ceremony.

Appetizers at the end-of-year enkai (work party).
Most of the teachers got together to celebrate the end of the school year over a dinner of traditional Japanese food. I was shocked to find that it tasted incredible!! It was leagues better than the bonenkai dinner at Kagaya.

An additional appetizer of pickled vegetables.

Nabe - a soup of fresh fish and vegetables.
The preceding three appetizers were just the start of this amazing dinner, but I don't have any more photos from that evening. I was so taken by how delicious everything was I forgot to snap pictures! I think that's the best evidence I have to how taken I was with the meal.

The final kyushoku (school lunch) before spring break.



----

No comments:

Post a Comment