Apr 30, 2014

Let's America!

It's finally here: this week I'm on my way to Tokyo and then back to the US for my friend's wedding and to see loved ones I've been missing this past year.

There have been times in the throes of culture shock I've wanted to take the next plane back to America. Now that I'll be visiting soon, I wonder how reverse-culture shock will affect me; what aspects of the Midwest will I appreciate anew or be shocked by (like I was when the Americans visited Nanao)?

I can already picture myself bowing to everyone out of habit, and saying words that others can't understand. I don't know how I'll feel, I only know it's going to be an adventure.

I'll be back to blogging once I've landed back on my feet from the coming whirlwind. See you on the flip side!



----

No comments:

Post a Comment