Aug 31, 2014

Goodbye Japan

At Tokyo SkyTree Observatory
I spent my last weekend in Japan in Tokyo with Clarissa, and it was magical! Aside from gorging ourselves on cheap Indian curry and pizza, we hit up the Ikebukuro neighborhood.

Clarissa took me to one of her favorite places: a theme park in the back of an underground mall called Namja Town. Neither of us cared if it was meant for younger kids, we had a blast! We scared ourselves silly at a heart-stopping haunted house, then tried some of the weirdest flavors at an ice cream stand, including "shark fin noodle" and "cassis orange" (an alcohol mixer).

Wasabi, eel, and other ice cream flavors.
Afterwards, we came back up to the surface of Tokyo to watch Godzilla on the big screen (I did find him after all) and look down on the city from the Tokyo SkyTree observatory. Before we said our last goodbyes at the bus station, we had fun doing one last purikura.

----

Rainbow Bridge from Odaiba
Tokyo after sunset

On April 12, 2013, I woke up in Tokyo to the bright red sunrise.


On August 3, 2014, I watched my last Tokyo sunset from Odaiba.




The people make the place. This has been the best time of my life so far, thanks to everyone I met in Japan. Thank you - see you again!



~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment